Monday, 21 April 2008

Monday Again

Knitting and Spinning

Well, its Monday again and the weekend seems to have passed by far too quick as usual. Last night I began a dinky little "Tank-top" for my daughter Kellys Godson. His name is Giacacomo(Giac or Jack for short!) and he`ll be a year old in May. This boy is Gorgeousness personified!!. Im knitting the TT in Beige in a child and Mum friendly acrylic mix. Now he`s starting to get all over the place, I thought something with "Washability" would be appropriate. I remember back to the dim and distant days when my kids were small, and time being at a premium. Hands Up who can remember having little ones who thought nothing of going to sit in the Dog Basket with the Dog????.
Kelly, my lovely daughter, is getting married in July. She has asked me to knit Bolero cardis for her four little Bridesmaids and a Stole for her Matron-of-Honour. Im still waiting for her choice of yarn so decided on little Giacs TT to fill-in the time. Theres nothing better than a bit of plain old Stocking Stitch so I can read at the same time!.
The Spinning is coming along nicely, and Im spinning up some beautiful 100% Merino, for my friend Orysia. Ive just been spinning a Jacob Fleece, and I must say that it knits up really well. Made Alan a Beanie which is just fab for Dog Walking. You can tell he really likes it coz he wont wear it to work!!. Ive also just finished washing two Shetland Fleeces, which are lovely and soft. I wish someone would tell the Sheep to keep away from the heather though, as Ive spent hours picking it out of the wool!!.

Life and Love in General
Alan was on holiday last week, and we had a couple of lovely days out. We went to Whitby on Wednesday. I LOVE THIS PLACE!!. There is a disused Church Hall there which serves as a sort of yarn store cum gift shop. They stock tons of Collinette yarn and 5ply for Ganseys. I promised Alan that his next jumper would be a Gansey. Trouble is, the wool on its own is about £55. BUT if youre going to make a Gansey, you might as well do it right!!. There were sheep everywhere on the Moors on the way, and I tried my hardest to convince Al that two would fit in our car. Wish we had a bigger garden so I could have Alpacas as well!!!
The "zoo" are all doing fine. They consist of 3 Dogs, 4 cats, African Grey Parrot, Amazon Parrot and various fish. Have you ever tried to Knit or Spin with a naughty Grey Parrot clinging to the top of your head??. No, thought not!!
Watched Room 1408 while Al was on his hols. What a brilliant film!. If you like Stephen King, you`ll love this. Its an adaptation from his book of the same name. Twists and turns galore. Well worth a look. See if you can guess what happens...........
This is it till next time, hopefully with some photos too.....

1 comment:

Kniterella said...

Hi Chezzle

I just read your very amusing blog, hey mate its rea good fun eh???
I love blogging. I love the cute birds, I could fit an alpaca in my back garden he can cut the long grass anyday. I thought you only had one parrot, gosh wot does big AL say to all that sqawking??